I am guessing most of you hitting this page already know who I am, but if you don’t, the main things that might be useful to know I have dot-pointed below:
- I wrote Overcome neck & back pain; I published the first edition under the BodyPress colophon, after Simon & Schuster (Australia) did not respond to a manuscript submission. A year to the day later, after the first edition had sold over 5,000 copies, I called the managing director of Simon & Schuster (Australia) to ask him if he could help with distribution overseas. S&S (Aus) published the second edition. They then sold it to Simon & Schuster, New York, who published the third edition. It has a bunch of accompanying DVDs and CDs, and its own DVD Update, that has the latest and greatest versions of all the requisite exercises.
- During the financial crisis, I was able to retail the copyright of all of my books; accordingly, ONBP is now in its fourth edition, S&F (below) in its second, and Stretching and Pregnancy has been re-released, too. We only use Print on Demand technology these days; revisions and new material is a simple matter now.
- In addition, I am the author of Stretching & Flexibility (also published by S&S); it has a 3.25 hour DVD of its own as well as a DVD Update to keep it current.
- Workshops on this and related material are taught all around the world; I am in Canberra currently, but am about to head to Vancouver.
- See my site for full details.
- Commercial photography has occupied some of my time for 30+ years. All my work is part time—this is how work should be, I feel.
I hope you enjoy this attempt to include you in what I am thinking about, and if we can get the technology working, I intend to vlog (video-blog) here, too, from time to time.
Cheers to all, KL